I can’t believe it is Thanksgiving week already! Time has been flying by. If you are like me, and haven’t nailed down your Thanksgiving menu yet, these super easy green beans might be for you. They aren’t your “traditional” Thanksgiving green beans (i.e. none of the ingredients come out of a can), but the orange and dill are a great combo. They would be a great addition to your holiday table.
- 1 lb green beans
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and blanch the green beans until tender but still al dente (2-3 minutes). Drain green beans and put them into a bowl of ice water.
- Drain green beans and dry well with a kitchen towel.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice and honey.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add green beans and honey/orange juice mixture until beans are warmed through and sauce has thickened slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with orange zest and dill.