Happy (slightly belated) New year! I am finally getting back to blogging again, it has been awhile. I usually don’t like New Year’s resolutions – because they are often empty promises that you stick to until the middle of January and then forget about – but I decided that I am going to make a few easily attainable resolutions this year. Small changes that I think will lead to happier and healthier 2016. Here they are…
1. Drink More Water – I am often not good at staying hydrated. I don’t really drink soda or juice, so if I am drinking something during the day it is usually water (or tea/coffee) but sometimes I just forget about it. When I am good at drinking water I definitely see a difference in my health. I feel more energized, I get less headaches and even my skin looks better! And I know there are more benefits I can’t see as well. So I am going to try my hardest to be aware of how much water I am drinking and stay hydrated as well as I can.
2. Take Walks – Confession…exercise and I aren’t good friends. If you ask me where the closest gym is, I will just stare at you blankly, and I only run if something is chasing me…but, if the exercise is disguised as something else (hiking, kayaking, dancing, etc.) then I have no problem with it. I know I should be getting in more
exercise fun activities so I am going to try to walk more. I got a fitness tracker and am trying to increase the steps I take each day. Just don’t tell me it is exercise ; )
3. Blog More Often – I haven’t been very consistent with posts since I started this blog in October, but I really enjoy blogging and I am going to do it more often. I have so many projects that I want to do that I would love to share. I promise I will!
4. Read the Classics – A few years ago, my New Year’s resolution was to read fifteen books in the year. I have always loved reading, but I got in a rut where I would reach for the tv remote instead of a book and I had to change that. I reached that goal and have been reading at least fifteen books a year since then. I am adding to that this year by reading (or rereading) more of the classics. I just finished rereading To Kill a Mockingbird (one of my faves!) and I am currently reading The Great Gatsby. I will read newer books too, just mix some classics in.
5. Create More Art – I am a graphic designer, so I create art for a living, but at the end of the day my creative juices are often used up. I would like to start creating more personal art. Even if it is just sketching in my sketchbook. And I think this will help increase my creativity overall. I started this already by creating the above drawing of my resolutions : )
Wishing everyone a healthy and happy 2016!