Happy Pi Day! I thought about celebrating by doing math, but instead I decided to have pecan pie oatmeal for breakfast. It just seemed more fun (not that math can’t be fun). This is super simple to make but is so ooey gooey and delicious. It really is a treat! And while it may not be the healthiest breakfast in the world, just think of it this way…it is much healthier than eating actual pie for breakfast. That’s how I will justify it ;)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Pecan Topping:
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- In a medium pot, bring the 2 cups of water and pinch of salt to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low.
- Stir in oatmeal and cinnamon, and simmer until oatmeal is cooked to desired consistency (about 5 minutes)
- Pecan Topping:
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar and honey until sugar is melted.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour over oatmeal
Georgianna3/14/16 at 10:18 am
This sounds delicious, and easily modified to be gluten free! Thanks for sharing and happy pie dayReply
Jen3/14/16 at 10:25 am
It definitely would be easy to make gluten free!
Jenna3/14/16 at 2:49 pm
I’m a huge fan of pecan pie, this seems similar enough but healthier to have it throughout the year. Yum.Reply
Jen3/14/16 at 3:07 pm
I hope it satisfies your pecan pie cravings :)
Mary New3/15/16 at 10:53 pm
Looks delicious, can’t wait to try this recipe!Reply
Jen3/16/16 at 10:31 am
Jackie3/19/16 at 9:16 am
Yum this looks awesome! I love oatmeal and thinking of fun new ways to enjoy it :)Reply
Jen3/23/16 at 4:16 am
Thanks Jackie. I hope you try it :)