I was recently contacted by JORD Wood Watches about doing a collaboration and I jumped at the opportunity! I have been admiring these beautiful watches for awhile and I am now the proud owner of a beautiful Zebrawood & Turquoise one. I wanted to feature a fun project that was inspired by these unique watches and I came up with this DIY wood and hex nut bracelet. (Keep reading for a JORD Watch giveaway!)
I was inspired by JORD’s unique blend of natural and industrial, with a touch of glam. You wouldn’t normally think of the hardware store as a place to shop for jewelry making supplies, but I love the color and geometric shape of hex nuts and thought they would be a perfect compliment to the wood beads on this bracelet.
What you will need:
– Wood beads (I used these)
– Hex nuts that are a similar size to your beads
– Stretch jewelry cord
– Super Glue
- Measure and cut a piece of the jewelry cord that is the size of your wrist, plus a couple extra inches.
- String beads and hex nuts onto the cord in whatever pattern you like. I chose 3 wood beads, followed by one hex nut. Repeat until you reach the desired length (test on your wrist to make sure it fits).
- Once you have reached your desired length, tie a knot in the cord as close to the beads as possible and add a drop of super glue to secure. Allow glue to dry.
- Once glue is dry, cut off the extra cord ends.
If you love JORD Watches too, I have some good news! I am hosting a JORD giveaway. One lucky reader will receive a $75 e-voucher towards the JORD Wood Watch of their choice (women’s watches here and men’s watches here)! And as a bonus, everyone else who enters will get a $20 e-gift card toward any JORD Wood Watch, so everyone is a winner! ENTER THE GIVEAWAY HERE!
The contest will close 11/6/2016 at 11:59pm. Winner will be contacted by JORD via email
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by JORD Wood Watches but all views are my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who allow me to continue creating new content for A Sip of Bliss!