Every December, Pantone releases their “Color or the Year” for the upcoming year. Being a designer, I am always interested to see what they choose. For this year, they actually picked two colors: Rose Quartz (a soft rose pink) and Serenity (a cool blue with a hint of purple).
I always find it fun seeing where the colors pop up. We will probably end up seeing them in many aspects of design (print, fashion, home) this coming year. Here is a roundup of some Rose Quartz and Serenity items I found. If I didn’t already have a working KitchenAid mixer, I think I would need this pink one.
1. Pink Woven Pillow from Target | 2. Spring Eden Candle from Anthropologie | 3. Pink KitchenAid Mixer from Amazon | 4. Happiness Planner from Anthropologie | 5. Watch from Urban Outfitters | 6. Essie Pret-a-Surfer from Amazon | 7. Tarren Towel from Anthropologie
From the Pantone site: “Joined together, Rose Quartz and Serenity demonstrate an inherent balance between a warmer embracing rose tone and the cooler tranquil blue, reflecting connection and wellness as well as a soothing sense of order and peace.”
I’m loving the calm, airy vibe of the colors. What are your thoughts on the color choices?
Happy (slightly belated) New year! I am finally getting back to blogging again, it has been awhile. I usually don’t like New Year’s resolutions – because they are often empty promises that you stick to until the middle of January and then forget about – but I decided that I am going to make a few easily attainable resolutions this year. Small changes that I think will lead to happier and healthier 2016. Here they are…
1. Drink More Water – I am often not good at staying hydrated. I don’t really drink soda or juice, so if I am drinking something during the day it is usually water (or tea/coffee) but sometimes I just forget about it. When I am good at drinking water I definitely see a difference in my health. I feel more energized, I get less headaches and even my skin looks better! And I know there are more benefits I can’t see as well. So I am going to try my hardest to be aware of how much water I am drinking and stay hydrated as well as I can.
2. Take Walks – Confession…exercise and I aren’t good friends. If you ask me where the closest gym is, I will just stare at you blankly, and I only run if something is chasing me…but, if the exercise is disguised as something else (hiking, kayaking, dancing, etc.) then I have no problem with it. I know I should be getting in more
exercise fun activities so I am going to try to walk more. I got a fitness tracker and am trying to increase the steps I take each day. Just don’t tell me it is exercise ; )
3. Blog More Often – I haven’t been very consistent with posts since I started this blog in October, but I really enjoy blogging and I am going to do it more often. I have so many projects that I want to do that I would love to share. I promise I will!
4. Read the Classics – A few years ago, my New Year’s resolution was to read fifteen books in the year. I have always loved reading, but I got in a rut where I would reach for the tv remote instead of a book and I had to change that. I reached that goal and have been reading at least fifteen books a year since then. I am adding to that this year by reading (or rereading) more of the classics. I just finished rereading To Kill a Mockingbird (one of my faves!) and I am currently reading The Great Gatsby. I will read newer books too, just mix some classics in.
5. Create More Art – I am a graphic designer, so I create art for a living, but at the end of the day my creative juices are often used up. I would like to start creating more personal art. Even if it is just sketching in my sketchbook. And I think this will help increase my creativity overall. I started this already by creating the above drawing of my resolutions : )
Wishing everyone a healthy and happy 2016!
Last week I went on a girl’s trip to Whitefish, Montana with my sister-in-Law and mother-in-law. We had such a great time. This is the off season (after summer but before ski season) but it was so unbelievably beautiful and we got to experience the first snow of the year which was very cool. We mostly did a lot of driving around to take in the gorgeous scenery. We went to Glacier National Park and did some exploring in some remote areas. Here are some photos from the trip.